Friday, July 10, 2009

July 5 Hatcher Pass, traveling the dirt road between Willow and Palmer

















My trip today was another fantastic one!! I started on the Willow side of Hatcher Pass and drove east. The pictures just don’t do it justice, though. Somehow, the majestic vast expanse of the land is lost. There is one picture of Summit Lake, and if you look closely at the road on the far side of the lake, there is a car parked in the road. It’s a sedan, if I remember correctly, not a sports car, not a cardboard cut out, and most definitely not a smug on your computer screen! Maybe that will give you some idea how much real estate is in this one picture! The video I took from about the same spot as the picture, is really noisy because of the kite. I’m excited to announce that I developed a new technique for driving and taking pictures at the same time, which I succinctly refer to as the “Hold-The-Camera-Up-Though-The-Sun-Roof-And-Freak-Out-(Or-Maybe-Not?)-The-Oncoming Vehicle-At-The-Same-Time-On-Narrow-Dirt-Mountain-Roads Technique”. You can see the proof of that in one of the pictures. I’m really glad one of those turned out – my technique could sure use some perfecting! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment