Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22 Camping Inside


Last night I camped in a really nice little campground at Montello, WI on Buffalo Lake. I really needed something peaceful and quiet after Wednesday night! Driving into town, I saw a gaggle of Canadian geese. At first I thought they were fake because that’s what I’m used to seeing in FL, those plastic ones in people’s yards. There were about three or four adults and then a short distance away, a family complete with seven or eight downy ducklings. So cute! But I didn’t endanger lives by trying to snap that shot. Tonight I’m sleeping inside my camper inside Danny’s garage. He and his right-hand man, Bryan, have the axle pulled off my camper. I bought my camper from Danny last fall (http://www.dannyscampers.com/) and since I’m in the neighborhood, I’m getting a little warranty work done. The axle is being better positioned under the camper and the foam weatherstripping is being replaced with D cell rubber. And a few other little things, a baggage door on the driver’s side bunk area, a new light cover for one that disappeared, etc. So probably I will be out of here sometime tomorrow. Hey, I got my phone back! And it still works! Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone! Be safe!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, are you heading west from there? Going to go to Mt Rushmore or the Badlands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cheating to camp inside a building!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katharine did not say that! I did! I am stuck in her account vortex and can't get out! Help Meeeee!
    Zee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally cheating, like double dipping. How is my bedroom, did you leave it just as I left it?

    ReplyDelete