Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 23 Due West Through the Fields of Minnesota to SD


Danny and Bryan worked on the camper again this morning, so I went into Coloma to do a load of clothes. I did a bit of yoga and qi gong, waiting on the laundry, trying to hide around the corner from the other woman in the laundry mat, who had brought a book. When I was throwing my clothes into the dryer, she asked, was that tai chi I was doing? Turns out not only does she know about qi gong, but she loves it! Her sister-in-law has had cancer off and on for 50 some years and does qi gong regularly. After some discussion, the woman said that I was a good reminder to her to take classes and keep going. Now if I could only influence myself! :) I left Danny’s about 1pm (without a picture, I can’t believe it). It was raining in WI but as I drove west, the sky cleared. I saw a few windmills in Minnesota. It was a really nice drive, no traffic to speak of, the phone behaving itself and laying right there on the passenger seat. My ipod crashed so I resorted to cds after catching a program on NPR called “The People’s Pharmacy”. It was on chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. The treatment acronym given was “SHINE” for sleep, hormone, infection, nutrition and exercise as able. Interesting. I got the last spot available at the Jellystone Camp in Sioux Falls, SD at 8:15 tonight – fortunate, eh? :) Then after I put the camper up, two couples came to see it and find out what I’m up to. It was fun talking to them.




1 comment: