Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29 Onward to Wendell, Idaho







I'm watching some TED talks on the computer tonight as the campground has a pretty decent internet connection. Not too much to report for today, except fixing problems I shoulda/woulda/coulda. You know, that whole scene. .... A squirrel? a rat? chewed on the hoses on the gas tanks on the trailer tongue months ago, right after I first got the camper. No idea why, crazy animal. I ran out of gas in one of my cylinders this morning and when I switched over to the other tank, gas leaked from that rat bitten hose!! I couldn’t believe it! (Well, actually I could.) So I spent a few extra minutes in the Great Salt Lake Area this morning, getting that all squared away. I went ahead and replaced both lines. I guess I’m learning as I go here – I should’ve replaced them both to begin with, in FL. The frig has been on the warm side ALL day long now and just now starting to cool down. That's another reason why camping with fermented food is great - those ferments like the slightly warmer temps! ;) I've got the a/c running tonight! Just enough humidty in the air to remind me of home. Also the campground is fairly close to the freeway, so the a/c also provides some white noise to drown that out. Here's at least one picture taken at a red light. :) This one shows Salt Lake in the distance. Passed by lots of beautiful green fields today - hay I'm guessing, irrigation on most of it, and then saw long rows of squared hale bales several times, just sitting out, no plastic!

2 comments:

  1. That'll be the last stop you'll use the A/C!

    Maybe you'll also remember to buy toilet paper when you first notice you have run out. Wine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you KNOW that's RIGHT! :) Still working on that box wine - it was gathering dust in Mormon territory, as you might imagine! haha

    ReplyDelete