Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1 Bee-Bopping Around Oregon











I probably shouldn’t write blog entries when I’m tired, like yesterday. Well, anyway, I went to bed early last night after figuring out that I was not going to connect to the campground WiFi and got up early and then locked my keys in the truck. It’s been a while since I’ve pulled that one! :) So then I had to hang around for an hour, waiting for the office to open, (phone was in the truck too) and then for another 45 minutes or so before the Pop-A-Lock guy came and pretty much instantaneously got me back into my truck. I had a chance to flip through Eugene’s phone book while I was waiting. Mountain Rose Herbs is located in Pleasant Hill, OR, just 10 minutes south. I got to David and Abigail’s house about 1 and they fed me! I got The David-and-Abigail Lunch!!!! And you probably could too, if you went all the way to Corvallis. :) A slice of cheese on top of beans and veggies on top of a couple of eggs. Yum yum. Then we went to David’s office, still in the process of build-out. He thinks that he’ll be open next month. Afterwards, I drove north towards Portland, and stopped to let rush hour die down a bit, in one of the best rest areas I have ever been in. It’s huge, curves all around. Baldock, I think the name is. Something strange happened while I was there. There were a few vehicles spaced out in the rear section that I was in. I was there for about an hour, parked parallel to the sidewalk. One guy in a white Toyota 4Runner in the center section, who had been parked there when I arrived, backed his truck up right in front of me, so that his rear bumper was at the sidewalk. I mean, the passenger side of his truck was within a couple of feet from the front bumper of my truck. It was really weird! I wondered if he meant something by it, like he was trying to get a rise out of me so he could get ballistic, and/or if he was drinking. Anyway, I just calmly waited until I was ready to go (about 20 minutes later) and then backed up a few feet and drove around him. Then on through Portland. I got off the freeway and went to my old college, University of Portland. Wow has it changed in 32 years! :) No more open lawn areas! Then back on the freeway to Shelton, WA (just a wee bit northwest of Olympia) to boondock at the Wal-Mart there. The picture of the drawbridge is on the I-5 bridge across the Columbia River, Portland, OR on the south and Vancouver, WA on the north.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, great blogs and pics. When do you pickup your brother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to have you here, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo! Good to know you are still out there having fun on your adventure...eating well and
    seeing sights. That is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Haloie! Let me play back a conservation I had with you!!! ALWAYS have a key to your vehicle hidden someplace outside the vehicle so that when you are all frustrated etc. and you lock yourself out,,, you will have a way to get back in.....This little rule is very benificial especially in BEAR country and other times also. You will understand this little rule more as you get older and wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, you are almost there!!! Hang in there, in fact once you arrive life will be so boring because the trip was so exciting. In other news, they are doing open casting calls for the Twilight series - since you're in the neighborhood, you should try to get in the movie! They are looking for extras, how cool would THAT be? Link is below.

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1437050/new_moon_twilight_sequel_open_casting.html?cat=40

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I will hide my spare set on keys! Yes, it would be SOOO cool to be in Twilight, but it doens't look like it'll happen this time! :) and Yes, I'm picking up The Bro, but not until he and the family arrive in Anchorage! Their plans for this summer changed- they've rented an RV and we'll all go around together for the last 2 weeks in July.

    ReplyDelete