Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23 North on Cassiar Hwy





































It was cool and cloudy all day long, quite a bit of drizzle this morning. It was lovely. The road was even emptier than yesterday; when I stopped an hour for lunch, 5 maybe 6 vehicles went by in the whole hour. Lunch was at Nass River Rest Stop. There is a picture of the lake and picnic tables. I should’ve taken a picture of the wooden one lane suspension bridge over the river but of course :) I wasn’t aware of the unique bridge (which isn’t all that unique in this neck of the woods, I’m finding) until I was engaged in driving safely over it. This evening I’m at Tatogga (which means “small lake between two large lakes”) Lake Resort. I may be the only camper here this evening. The mosquitoes are unbelievable. I made the mistake of leaving the truck door open when I got out to check my backup job for the camper. I tried to get most of them, but there’ll still be some slaying going on tomorrow, I’m sure. They just kinda hang there and they’re not that hard to kill. It’s like they want to make love to you and the only way (I’m supposing) that they would make you crazy is by their sheer number. In FL, the mosquitoes are definitely more into the head game bull shit and only one can drive a person over the edge mentally. IMHO. To be amended with further experience. So, needless to say, I set the camper up with lightening speed and only had about a dozen inside afterwards. Then I walked down to the lake and snapped a couple of pictures. As I was wading through some taller weeds and thinking, there’s probably no snakes in here, I bent down for a closer look – maybe it’s horsetail? or a first cousin to horsetail? And of course, dandelion is everywhere. What glorious plants, eh? Then a quick pan of the lake and plane parked upon it. ps alrighty then, pictures will have to wait for better connection.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,
    you should be a writer, great details! when do you think you will arrive in AK?
    We miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I'll probably be there this weekend, Sat or Sun. Then I'll relax with all the blog updates - maybe once a week or so.

    ReplyDelete