Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25 Gone Fishin'











Today, I didn’t drive. Not anywhere. I hung around the campground all day, pretty much, getting caught up with the blog and a couple of other various things. In the afternoon, I went fishing with Fred, who is retired and working at the campground for the fun of it this summer. We drove to a couple of fishing spots and tried for a couple of minutes (we did see some fish coming to the surface in one lake), but it started raining so we didn’t keep at it. It's illegal here to use bait; lures are okay. I also got to see the local airport. It’s not used at all anymore, although it maintained, by the look of it. It was built back during the war (‘40’s) and bombers on their way to AK would stop to refuel here. I think they probably also used it to bring supplies in for the men working on the AK Hwy. The orange cones on the runway are the original ones (you can just barely see some of that in one of the pictures). We also went by the Continental Divide. Bernice the dog came along to chase bears away. And that’s about it for today. Oh, I was offered a job at the campground! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment