Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17 Back to the Valley (Spokane Valley, that is)







We left Jeanne and Jack in Seattle (their flight home is tomorrow) and headed back to Spokane. Here’s a picture of a floating bridge in Seattle. I didn’t quite understand how this could work, but John informed me that it’s on a body of fresh water, thus no tidal action. Then there’s a picture of the Snoqualmie Pass. As soon as we got through the mountains, it was clear, sunny and warm on the eastern side. We stopped briefly at a wild horses monument along the way. I took a couple of pictures of the Columbia River, but they didn’t turn out that great. We got into town about 3 and we went first to pick up my truck from the Firestone store. John did quite a bit of leg work for me in figuring out which tires would work the best for me, and it’s really great – I got a set of Bridgestone All Terrain tires which perform well in the snow. That means I don’t have to buy a separate set of snow tires this winter, which saves me mucho money and space, too. Thanks to Gary (John's roommate) too, for dropping the truck off at Firestone while I was in Seattle. The cold that I’d been trying to fend off for the past few days got jiggy with me today, so in the late afternoon, we went by a local herbal shop where I was able to buy some osha root. And I spent the evening drinking some brew! :) Herbal, that is!



No comments:

Post a Comment