Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12 Fortuitous Encounters / The West is the Best







I attended the conference all day long and the Gala Event in the evening. Great stuff! One woman I sat close to during the seminar, an MD in Maryland, used to commute to Anchorage and Sitka as part of her health care job, so it was interesting to hear her perspective on AK. The woman I sat next to during the Gala Event is from AK. She is living in CA for the last 5 years, but lived in Anchorage for 30 years and still has a house there. She rents it out, but since it’s not rented in the first part of July, she offered that I could park my camper in the driveway! Very cool! In the pictures, there is one of the effects of low gravity on astronauts. What was mentioned in the lecture is that the mitochondria have a shape, kinda oblong, but in space, they lose that shape and become round, which negatively affects function.



No comments:

Post a Comment